Brief outline on Magnesium.
- It is currently estimated that 80 percent of Americans are magnesium deficient. Already in 2005 it had been shown that magnesium helps lower blood pressure and prevent whooping cough from coronary atherosclerosis, among other benefits such as reducing heart failure. (1)
- Calcium without magnesium supplementation could cause heart attacks and strokes.
The National Institutes of Health publish the following on its website:
“Magnesium is necessary for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body, it helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, maintains a stable heart rate, supports a healthy immune system and keeps bones strong. normal blood pressure and is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.There is a greater interest in the role of magnesium in the prevention and control of disorders of hypertension, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. (1)
A new study showed that adults who consume less than the recommended amount of magnesium are more likely to have high C-reactive protein. It is one more reason, why they have magnesium deficiency have higher rates of cardiovascular disease. (1)
Magnesium is an important mineral to maintain good health, due to the variety of biological functions such as:
• Influence when activating teeth and nerves
• Activation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
• It helps in the digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
If you consume calcium and little magnesium, your body can be spasmed and your heart can not forget it in a muscle.
Without sufficient amounts of magnesium, your heart can not function properly.
Relationship between Calcium and Magnesium
It must be a ratio of 1; 1 one of calcium and another of magnesium, otherwise, we can swell the ranks of the millions of people who have atherosclerosis.
Vitamin K2 and D
I want to remind you that calcium and magnesium also need to be balanced with vitamin D and K2.
Vitamin K2 keeps calcium in the right place.
Magnesium, calcium, vitamin D3 and vitamin K2, work synergistically, should be taken together.